CalWild Looking for Part-time Office Manager SupportCalWild Looking for Part-time Office Manager Support https://www.calwild.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Horizontal-white-GENERAL-USE-1024x442.png 1024 442 California Wilderness Coalition California Wilderness Coalition https://www.calwild.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Horizontal-white-GENERAL-USE-1024x442.png
CalWild Looking for an Office Manager (Part-time)
CalWild’s Office Manager will work remotely part-time to ensure the smooth administrative operation of CalWild. The position will be responsible for managing vendors, bills, expense reports, timesheets, insurance policies, and donation/data entry; overseeing hiring, payroll, contractors, and other human resources tasks; and working with our bookkeeper in Quickbooks for light accounting and pulling financial reports as needed. We will also consider administrative consulting firms.
- Manage and makes changes as necessary to Ospay (One Stop Payroll) (automatically debits on the 15th and last day of the month)
- Downloading payroll reports for accountant (monthly)
- Manage independent contractors including obtaining W-9 forms, maintain other paperwork, and paying invoices
- Assist Executive Director in maintaining personnel paperwork and documents, including onboarding
- Assist in administering employee benefits (health insurance, retirement/401k, dental/vision, unemployment, workers compensation, home office/phone reimbursements)
- Ensure employee timesheets are filled out monthly, overseeing vacation, holiday, and sick leave accrual
- Manage insurance policies, including annual audits
- Assist Executive Director with board management
- Manage account payables and receivables – pay and manage bills, generate invoices as needed
- Download bank and credit card statements (monthly)
- Work with our bookkeeper to make sure Quickbooks numbers are current including credit card transactions (using Expensify), entering payment data, and generating reports as requested by staff
- Assist in tax prep including CalWild’s 990 and gathering all information on contractors for 1099s
Additional Responsibilities might include depending on experience: (these activities would come with additional hours or compensation)
- Database management with our CRM (EveryAction 8) assisting in data entry, editing records, and pulling reports; and
- Assist in the management and content creation for CalWild’s various digital channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and the CalWild website.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain administrative and human resources systems;
- Confidence in completing independent projects and improving systems as needed for greater efficiency;
- Experience with at least one customer relationship management (CRM) system;
- Familiarity and comfort with Quickbooks and basic bookkeeping;
- Significant interpersonal skills;
- Experience managing insurance policies;
- A willingness to work collaboratively with people of diverse backgrounds and interests;
- Experience with WordPress and social media (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter) for an organization or campaign a plus;
- Significant proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and Google Docs;
- A strong personal commitment to conservation; and
- A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, please reference where you saw the job posting in your cover letter.
For a downloadable pdf version of the job description, click here.
- Posted In: