CalWild is actively seeking additional board members that would bring their diverse skills and perspectives to our mission and work and add to the cultural diversity of the team. CalWild has helped to permanently preserve in perpetuity more than 13 million acres of wilderness, 1,500 miles of wild and scenic rivers, and successfully defended other special places from over-use, encroachment, logging, mining, and road-building. Our mission is to protect these natural landscapes that make California unique, providing clean air and water, a home to wildlife, and a place for recreation and spiritual renewal. CalWild is the only statewide organization dedicated solely to protecting and restoring the wild places and native biodiversity of California’s public lands.
Becoming a CalWild board member means a lot of things. Our board members are part of our talented team working to keep CalWild a strong and vital organization by building our network of supporters, growing our financial stability, and helping ensure we can continue long into the future to protect and restore California’s wild beauty.
Some of the key requirements of a CalWild board member:
- Be well‐informed and prepared for meetings including two in-person boards a year
- Educate yourself about the programs of CalWild
- Represent CalWild to the public, businesses, and the community
- Actively participate in fundraising activities
- Contribute skills, knowledge, and experience, when appropriate
- Assume leadership roles in board activities, when appropriate
- Be open to diverse perspectives
- Assist in recruiting new board members
If you are passionate about our work and would like to learn more, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with a little bit more about your interests and skillset(s). While we are open to a variety of experiences, we have a strong preference with people who live in California.